- You are good at enforcing processes and picturing large systems at the mesoscopic scale.
- You have solid core python skills and are not afraid to face an unknown system.
- You are familiar with best code practices and will not shy from doing things in an unconventional manner when appropriate.
- You have a good sense of algorithmic complexity and scalability concerns.
Architecture and Frameworks
- You have had hands-on experience with non-monolithic codebases and systems (preferably involving Kubernetes).
- You have built and deployed a custom Docker container before.
- Bonus point if you have ever touched Bazel.
- You understand the point and need for a functional documentation and are able to maintain one.
- You feel at home with common development tools (Git, IDEs, etc...)
- You are not afraid of Linux (all work is carried on Ubuntu 20.04)
Things about us to make you even happier:
- Very competitive salaries
- 5 days paid sick leave
- 4% matched company pension scheme
- Cash health plan
- A huge variety of projects and technologies to keep you interested every day
- A strong culture of work / life balance. We’re strongly encouraged to go home at 17:30
- Opportunities to gain experience in new fields
- A collaborative, supportive environment of team-building
- A company that contributes to worthy causes and projects
- An airy, spacious office right in the very heart of Oxford city
- Takeaway Tuesdays
- Games Nights
- Hack days
We're a lovely bunch of people that care about each other's improvement so you will find yourself exploring new technologies and ideas in no time.
Wait, you don't think you're right for the role but have a burning passion for all things digital? Then you should be in touch and tell us what we're missing out on!